check_snmp not

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Feb 10 18:56:19 CET 2011

>Thanks for the replies.

No problem...

>I've managed to get it working by running 'yum install Nagios Nagios-plugins-snmp' and then moving the file 'check_snmp' from /usr/lib to /usr/local/Nagios/libexec

Good to see your using the tools provided by the OS, truth is when you manually
install software in a packaged based distro you often mangle it. On that note, which
command definition desired to find the binary in /usr/local/Nagios/libexec ? Possibly
one from the manually compiled config files? If the one from the rpm did this, it's a
bug that should be filed. If I was you, I would move it back as that's where the rpm
database expects it and fix your config template or at the very most, link to it...

YMMV,
jlc