Nagios and Capacity Planning

Kyle O'Donnell kyle.odonnell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 04:17:03 CEST 2007

If you mean capacity planning of the resources being monitored, then just
ensure your check results contain performance data.  There are many tools
which can take the data, store it in a db, and graph it.

If you're talking capacity planning for the monitoring servers (100
monitored devices today 500 in 3 months...) that's an entirely more
complicated discussion, and you'll need to provide more details (number of
services, types of checks (active/passive,snmp/nrpe/ping?)

--kyleo