Untraceable service by-email notification

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Mon Apr 20 21:52:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 04:43:37PM -0300, Fernando Rocha wrote:

> Probably you have the 'contact_groups' variable at the host definition, and it will be implicitly inherite.
>
> take a look at 'Implied Inheritance' from http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/objectinheritance.html

I just now read the implied inheritance and took a stab at putting a
contact_group in my service template instead of a contact and voila,
it worked as it should. I would think this implied inheritance should
not occur for contact_group if there is a contact, since the rules
elsewhere are that one or the other is needed, so apply the rule here
as well. Thanks.

- Kyle
kylet at panix.com   http://www.panix.com/~kylet